Home Forums Sony E Mount – Lenses Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 review Reply To: Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 review

#9251 Reply

Arthur

Hello Viktor,

thank you for the very interesting reply! I was previously unaware of how correcting one aberration of a lens negatively affects others.

You are right that distortion control of the Loxia is excellent, this is one reason why I chose it over the Sony FE 35/2.8, which I also considered. I should say that generally I am very happy with the Loxia, and the field curvature issue is certainly not a deal-breaker for me. Especially as the effect is only noticeable in some pictures and I think it is more or less pronounced depending on focus distance. I will examine this further and also try f/11 and smaller apertures.

Closely examining some full-resolution photos I found online taken with the Sony FE 35mm lens it indeed looks to me like the Sony shows a similar field curvature as the Loxia. I have to confess I have not read your review of the Distagon ZM, but will do so now. 🙂

Best regards, Arthur

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close