Home Forums Sony E Mount – Lenses Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 review Reply To: Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 review

#9252 Reply
viktor pavlovic
viktor pavlovic
Keymaster

Hi Arthur,

I learned my lesson with field curvature when I shot group of managers with Canon EF 24-70 at the wide end, focusing on the center. At f/16, I thought that I am safe from FC, but few pals who were forced to be on the frame edges, weren’t happy with their blurred and distorted versions… and thus I lost great client. (It was beer brewery, whic translates in many events with free beers, nice chicks, etc :-()

In some critical situations (it usually works for landscape), you can try focus stack (5 shots should be enough) for outstanding sharpness across the frame. In other situations, you might find focusing on the edges at f/8 and smaller sufficient for good results.

I don’t have Loxia any more, but I quite liked it when I has.

Cheers,
Viktor

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close