Home Forums Open Talk Leica SL the beginning of the end of the legend? Reply To: Leica SL the beginning of the end of the legend?

#9515 Reply
viktor pavlovic
viktor pavlovic
Keymaster

I am just wondering how many Leica users with enough funds will be willing to take this system with or without red dot. As I said it reminds me Nokia Vertu project. While Vertu exists, and is probably doing well, its values are rather linked to the jewelery and business status symbol. How much of that Mojo can be transferred to photography, is hard to predict, but the problem is that SL doesn’t even look great IMHO and considering its style being quite far from traditional “Leica look”, I am curious to follow its success.
Don’t get me wrong, there are enough snobs that Leica will not be able to fulfill market demand at the beginning, same as with every model they released in the last 10 years, but question is, how many they really produce 🙂
We’ll see, maybe I am completely wrong and it will be new raise of the star…
Cheers,
Viktor

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close