Home Forums Open Talk Leica SL the beginning of the end of the legend? Reply To: Leica SL the beginning of the end of the legend?

#9589 Reply

jim kannry

Viktor,

I agree with your assessment of current Leica problems. Actually, I thought the M3 was the peak Leica camera, and, while I had no interest in digital Leica’s, I understood the company’s marketing plans well enough. I’m sure the cameras exist only as a platform for justifying purchase of lenses which are incredibly expensive, but uniquely small and excellent quality. But now there are two troublesome issues for Leica. First, the Sony A7 series is not only excellent in many ways, but the new lenses, especially those made by Zeiss, are at least as good as the equivalent lenses from Leica, at much lower cost. And, second, the new SL Leica camera and lens offerings are too big and heavy even for snobs with limited real interest in photography to carry around to show their friends.

Regards,

Jim

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close