Home Forums Sony Alpha A7 Cameras Cleaning A7 system sensors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  verybiglobo 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anthony

Hi Viktor,

One problem with using prime lenses over zooms is the frequent changing of lenses creates more opportunity for dust/dirt to get on to the sensor. I’ve been using an Arctic Butterfly quite successful on loose particles, but my sensor is now suffering with sticky ones.

Do you clean your sensors yourself or do you send them for professional cleaning?

If you do it yourself, then what products do you use?

Anthony

#9449 Reply
    viktor pavlovic
    viktor pavlovic
    Keymaster

Hi Anthony, I am not cleaning sensor at all, (except that I use Giottos rocket blower to blow the dust each time I change the lens.) If I’d have too and camera will be under warranty, I will send it to the service. If it is out of warranty, I would probably try wet cleaning with some proven swab system…

Cheers,
    Viktor

#15371 Reply

verybiglobo
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Cleaning A7 system sensors
Your information:

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close