Home Forums Legacy lenses biotar 5.8cm f2

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  verybiglobo 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sam

I recently purchased a biotar 5.8cm aka 58mm f2, which I believe is one of the early silver version with 17 bladed aperture(yes, I counted them). Its an Exakta mount. Since its a pretty old lens, the grease has dried up so the owner tried to re grease the focus ring.

Apparently the owner was not very knowledgeable with lens mechanics so has somehow messed up the focusing of the lens. If does not focusing properly thru the entire focusing range 0.9m to infinity. There is no signs of being dropped, so Im hoping that focus can be fixed by dismantling the lens and properly threading(?) the focus barrel in?

I bought this lens knowing this and now Im hoping it could be fixed. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

#12368 Reply
    viktor pavlovic
    viktor pavlovic
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,
    I am sure there is a cure. Could you post the image of the lens so that I can see it?

#16061 Reply

verybiglobo

Life Events • Karolina Waclawiak • 9780374186951

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: biotar 5.8cm f2
Your information:

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close