Canon announced the new EF 100-400mm lens
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- One fluorite and one super UD lens element provides excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, helping to deliver high-quality images with high resolution and contrast.
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding.
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed steps of correction*. (* According to CIPA standards (400mm focal length, when using the EOS-1D X).
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide outstanding results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension.
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- Lens hood with side window permits specialty filters to be adjusted with hood in place.
- Newly designed tripod mount can be attached or detached without removing the lens from the camera.
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.2 ft./0.98 m with 0.31x maximum magnification.
- LENS CAP E-77II
- LENS DUST CAP E
- LENS CASE LZ1326
- LENS HOOD ET-83D
- Instruction Manuals
- Warranty card
Please help support this page and upcomming reviews and pre-order through affiliate links, with no extra cost for you:
Pre-order on Adorama: New Canon EF 100-400mm
To help this page survive, your donation will be highly appreciated.