Home Forums Q&A Forum Sigma VS. Samyang

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SeaDog011 1 day, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SeaDog011
    Participant

Hello Viktor,

I would like to kindly ask you for your opinion, or comparison (if you have had the opportunity to test them) on SAMYANG XP 85mm F1.2 and SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM ART lenses.
    In your opinion, which one is better for both portrait and general photography in terms of clarity/sharpness and blurring of the background (bokeh)?

Thank you and best regards 🙂

#12009 Reply
    viktor pavlovic
    viktor pavlovic
    Keymaster

Hi mate,
    sorry for the late reply. Both lenses are great portrait lenses each with its own set of features. It might sound boring but in this focal length, most recent lenses are good enough and stunning portrait depends much more on your model, expression, light, composition and other creative factors, than on the technical limits of the lens.
    Sigma is very sharp and has high contrast, while Samyang is softer wide open with more creamy bokeh. Sigma gives you AF ability, while Samyang don’t. Sigma is more expensive and probably better made, but Samyang is made well enough.
    My preference will go toward Sigma, because I highly value its almost apo chromatic performance, similar to my Otus 85/1.4.

I hope you are doing well under sea, wherever you are diving now!
    Cheers,
    Viktor

P.S. Mozes da pises i Srpski, mnogo postilaca na forum ne dolazi, ne uspevam da ih privucem.

#12014 Reply

SeaDog011
    Participant

Dragi druze, hvala na odgovoru i steta sto nema vise posetilaca. Nadam se da ce se to promeniti.
    Da li si ikada razmisljao da napravis svoj channel na YouTube-u i tamo ponudis svoje recenzije?
    Ko bi bolje od tebe umeo da snimi zanimljive klipove.

Sto se moje dileme tice, mislim da cu se odluciti za Sigmu, ali 35mm F1.4 Art 🙂

Veliki pozdrav iz Atine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Sigma VS. Samyang
Your information:

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close